About us

 

Life on the Earth came more out of clay rather than out of water – this almost biblical conclusion was made by Russian scientist, academician of Russian Academy of Sciences Yuriy Natochin. Perhaps it is only a hypothesis but the role of clay in modern life can’t be underestimated for sure. And it certainly concerns not only modern life as the history of brick, this “construction bread”, numbers in the thousands of years. Shapes and sizes has changed but clay as basic material and firing as the main part of manufacturing process have remained unchanged.

 

Plinthos is the ancestor of the modern brick. This building material appeared in Russia in X century, it came from Byzantine Empire together with Christianity. Since it was easier to produce such “small bricks” than to process natural stone, they were widely used in construction of temples and monasteries. Later due to difficulties when laying plinthos gave place to modern building materials, but the Greek word “plinthos” was still used instead of the Tatar “brick” for a long period of time. By the way, this type of production has always been under the special control of state leaders and the first state brick plants appeared in Russia even before the reign of Ivan the Terrible.

 

Today Plinfa head quarters are located in Kharkiv, one of the most developed scientific and industrial centers of modern Ukraine, which has rich historical traditions in the area of development and manufacture of building materials. As far back as in XIX century during the industrial boom in Slobozhanskiy region the Imperial order of Emperor Alexander II laid foundation for machine building factory which had to produce equipment for brick plants. The factory, known later as “Krasny Oktiabr”, produced the first press for brick manufacturing as early as in 1902. In 1926 on the basis of Kharkiv Technical Institute (now National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute”) worldwide known scientist Petr Budnikov founded the Department of Technology of Silicates which has become a forge of specialists for the whole ceramic industry. Research institute of refractories was also open in the cityin 1927. As early as in the post-war years ceramic branch kept developing and in 1951 Central Design Bureau “Strommashina” was formed which started to design equipment for brick plants.

 

PLINFA is a follower of traditions of ceramic science and technologies formed during centuries in the region. It is one of a few companies on the territory of the former USSR which provides a wide range of works on completing a well-established business for customers. It includes raw material analysis, front-end engineering and design, brick plant designing, delivery and assembly of equipment, start-up works, training of personnel and supervision of an operation of a plant.

 

Technical solutions offered by PLINFA are aimed at customers’ profit increase. The undeniable advantage over competitors is our experts’ knowledge of the entire production complex in every detail, which also allows solving current issues associated with repair and diagnosis of equipment. Best price/quality ratio and ability to find engineering solutions close to perfection is one of our undeniable advantages.

 

Our mission is not only to supply high-tech services and productive equipment. PLINFA strives to be come are liable partner that offers new business opportunities for every customer.

 

PLINFA Engineering and Industrial Group is the complex tasks solutionin ceramic building materials manufacturing.